What will the lawyers of the future think about the state of the legal industry today?
* Remember The Spread Love Band? They’re the street band that played near Skadden’s D.C. office. Skadden hated them so much they tried to convince the Secret Service to shoo them. Now they’re playing the Kennedy Center. It’s like the old joke, “How do you get to Carnegie Hall?” except instead of “practice,” the answer is “enrage a bunch of uptight lawyers.” [Washingtonian]
* Important request of the ABA: just say no to your task force on legal education financing, chaired by a member of the Infilaw board. [The Lawyer Bubble]
* What’s the best big city for law school grads? [Adjunct Law Prof Blog]
* Aaaand what’s the best small city for law school grads? [Adjunct Law Prof Blog]
* Lawyer fined around $30K for blowing an email review. It’s OK, it might not really be legal work anymore. [Press Gazette]
* Rental car companies tried to deduct collision damage on their taxes. That didn’t work out for them